r is for red rabbit


please click on photo to see band up close
red rabbit is the name of a song by the indie rock group the shins. they sang it beautifully monday night while they were performing at terminal five in manhattan. if you ever have the chance to see a show there, I suggest you try it. it's a small venue with lots of standing room as well as seating on the second and third balcony. my fellows and I got there by six in order to secure a place by the stage. while riding around the block looking for parking, half of us spotted James Mercer (lead singer, songwriter) leaving his bus, which was an exciting surprise-we were literally inches away! and yes, we easily found parking on the street, though we had to sit in our car until 7 pm lest we wanted it towed. please go here to hear the wonderful song red rabbit.
thanks to mrs. nesbitt, this post is part of abc wednesday. please go here to see what others picked for the letter R.

Comments

Pamposh Dhar said…
Very interesting use of R. Unusual post. Thanks for sharing the song too.

Pamposh (ABC Team)
The only think I know about The Shins is that the leading singer used to date one of the original girls from American's Next Top Model. :-)
Pietro Brosio said…
Attractive image of the group, Lily. Beautiful perspective.
Sylvia K said…
Great shot, Lily! And a great one for the R Day!
chrome3d said…
I haven´t yet gotten in to The Shins bandwagon but it´s just a matter of time. Good gig photo.
Marie Reed said…
I haven't been to a concert in ages! Boy I've turned into a real fuddy duddy! I used to usher at concerts for free admission when I was a teenager;) Awesome! I'll look for an MP3 of their's online!
Babzy.B said…
Thanks for the link , nice song :)
I just love live music, especially to photograph. Excellent choice for me
Elizabeth said…
This is so interesting!
My son and his wife were at the same concert!
WE were on Long Island visiting my mother in law earlier in the day.
By the way the garden I photographed is in Huntington and the owner would be happy to show it to you.
She is a very keen gardener.
Carol said…
You got a good shot of that band which can be difficult in crowds...I like their lighting...fun that you got a sneak peek at the lead singer...
Euroangel said…
i always love blogs with photos...wish to visit this place one day!! thanks for the visit!
anthonynorth said…
I like inde rock. Reminds me of my own rock playing days back in the 70s.
Thanks for the memory.
Reader Wil said…
Great choice for R!
Daryl said…
Good photo .. and what fun to go see/listen to LIVE music
Tumblewords: said…
Nice post! It is hard to beat live music!
Janie said…
Good R choice. Live concerts are always exciting. Glad you had fun!
Q said…
Great "R"!
My husband will enjoy this one.
Sherry
tapirgal said…
What a great picture. The colors are very inviting!
Bradley Hsi said…
All of these are something new for us. I am not sure we have ever gone to the concert before. I like your photo of the stage.
Dragonstar said…
An unexpected post, well done! And thanks for visiting.

Popular Posts