best trees in town merry christmas






that's exactly what the sign said at the entrance way to the lot where we go to buy our christmas tree every year. I like this place because it reminds me of something from when I was a kid, vacant lots turning into make shift nurseries selling christmas trees. charming isn't it? this year a gentleman greeting people as they walked into the lot suggested the frasier tree. he said the needles don't fall off as quickly, though they are more expensive. I thought it might be worth it since we like to keep our tree up at least until after new years. last christmas was supposed to be the last year this vacant lot would be used for this seasonal tree selling. it was to be developed, so we heard. I guess with things being the way they are we were lucky our favorite place to get a tree was still around for one more christmas. sorry I'm not sure I know what town they are in, it might be in west babylon. I know it's on route 109 heading west passed the southern state parkway. a few years ago we were just driving around looking for a christmas tree & pretty much stumbled upon it. we've been back ever since.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful to make a good find!

I've never had a real Christmas tree before only artificial.

Paz
What fun..I hate to say it..I have a fake tree..Here Maine is the pine tree state and I have an artificial tree..The shame...
bobbie said…
How I loved going to the lot to find a tree when I was little! Your photo brings back memories of 70 years ago to me.
When we were married, we bought living trees for a number of years, then planted them afterwards, along the driveway. Eventually we went to an artificial one, when one of the childrn became allergic. They are very real looking today, and look at all the trees being saved.
Fashion Schlub said…
just tried to get a tree tonight, but my daughter and I couldn't agree on anything. so we'll go back out on wednesday. i also like the makeshift tree lots in empty spaces....
Ken Mac said…
i love the smell of fresh Christmas trees.
Alexa said…
I grew up on Long Island, and the local hardware store sold trees every year—they would always save us the very nicest blue spruce. Last year, I finally succumbed and bought an artificial tree. My kids still haven't forgiven me—even though they each have their own (real) tree.

Popular Posts