t is for torrential...


please click on this photo for a real treat


it wasn't snowing outside last sunday morning, it was sleeting! & much to my surprise, this is what I saw when I got into my car. I've always loved the designs that ice storms make. then it started to rain! I heard it coming from a distance like a giant wave, just like it does in a torrential downpour. I quickly grabbed my camera hoping to catch this design before it was completely washed away.
at last, we've had a slight reprieve from the frigid cold. monday actually felt like spring. sunday when the weather was more like the above photograph, I noticed lots of stark dark trees with black limbs and not any leaves, much like the one in this picture. there are 18 days until it is officially winter. then at least our days will start to get a little longer!

if you'd like to see more pictures beginning with the letter t, please go here & see what mrs. nesbitt has got cooked up.

Comments

chrome3d said…
Thanks for the treat. It was like melting of two worlds.
bobbie said…
Beautiful, but terrible in my eyes. I'm just dreading the day it reaches us down here at the tip of NJ. I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot of it this winter.
mrsnesbitt said…
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Artistic yet so so so cold!
tr3nta said…
Half rain, half snow... nice photo... but how did you get to see the road?
Anonymous said…
What a great photo! Love that kind of homage to winter. Cold though it may be, the loveliness of winter's beauty is there for all to see, best if it can be done looking out the window of a nice warm home. I agree Bobbie, we're in for a cold and snowy one. :-)
Anonymous said…
Forgot, that was me. PGma
Anonymous said…
Awesome photo! Nice way to look at the sleet. ;-)

Paz
stitchwort said…
Another blurry tree - great shot!

Roll on spring, and the bluebells again.
kml said…
I'm with you in longing for the longer days. Even though winter is just beginning, those few extra minutes each day make it bearable!
Bear Naked said…
Beautiful photo but BRRR.
I feel cold.

Bear((( )))
Pietro Brosio said…
Very fine composition, Lily!
I think thar Brrrrr is a worldwide expression, isn't it?
Dragonstar said…
That's so pretty! I don't like the idea of the weather, but the picture is really lovely!

Popular Posts