winter skywatch





ever so slowly winter is creeping in. here you can see the grey cloudy sky as the sun goes down. all the leaves are nearly off the trees. this photograph was taken driving home during rush hour. traffic was slow giving me pause to stop and notice the sky. I thought the street light was a colorful bright spot in this nearly monochromatic sky.
please go here to see more beautiful skywatch pictures from around the world. you are going to love this weeks photo on their main page. so make sure you click on the link to see it, it is brilliant!

Comments

chrome3d said…
That lonely light gives it just the right amount of warmth.
Lori said…
I do like that little spot of color!

Happy skywatch!
bobbie said…
The bright spot of color does make it very interesting. But I like the moody looking winter sky.
Hey Harriet said…
The photo looks cold! As I sit here sweating (I should say perspiring...ladies perspire rather than sweat right? ;) at the beginning of our scorching summer! There will be no white Christmas happening in my little town. Rug up for your chilly weather :)
Gretchen said…
Nice winter scene. Thanks for visiting my blog!
A Scattering said…
It looks like a piece of topaz. Lovely.
Pietro Brosio said…
It was a dark winter day and this very nice photo well represents it.
Great Sky Watch!
Kay said…
I can see why that caught your eye! What a great capture and good thing you had your camera with you.
It is nice to find something to capture while traveling.
That warm light gives the picture a great little spot of color!
DeniseinVA said…
Lovely photo, I never leave home without a camera in my purse :)
Thank you for sharing this beauty.
Pearl Maple said…
Cool photo for Sky Watch Friday. Don't you like the way that pretty skies sneak up on you when rushing around doing every day things.

Thanks for taking the time to photograph this sky and share with sky watch friday fans.
Anonymous said…
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

Paz

Popular Posts