mr. cheapo


please click on this photo to see what is hanging in cheapo's window.


my super smart music minded nieces alerted me to this establishment. located on the always busy jericho turnpike in mineola, mr. cheapo is the place to go to for gently used CDs as well as other assorted media. the best part is- they're cheap! but in a good way, like you don't have to spend a lot of money & you still wind up with something worth paying money for. I know in these times that must be music to your ears, har-har.
they also sell cool band posters and funky patches you can sew onto your t-shirt if you'd like. if you are looking for something classic, chances are you will find it here.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Perhaps in this shop it's possible to find DVDs of classical music historical recordings?
bobbie said…
Pretty neat! Wish we had one here.
Morty said…
I have solely kept this place in business for many, many years, having grown up approximately 1.5 miles north of there. With the advent of the Internet, so many of these stores are forced to close their doors now. It's been a while since I have shopped there, but one of the owners was a BIG Beach Boys fan. We often had much to talk about. Great slice of life pic here that may just be catching the end of an era, an institution for some.

Morty!
Anonymous said…
This took my breath away. Without reading a word, I knew where I was - not exactly and I had to do a little research because of a few changes. This is a few blocks away from where I grew up.

They have a website that I am planning on exploring as well as a store in Commack on Jericho Tpke that wasn't too far from my last LI residence.

Thank you for the post. It has brought many memories to mind. As a child, Mineola Music was in the same area - like either next door or one store away.
Anonymous said…
I would love a Mr. Cheapo near me. The CDs I've been buying are way too expensive.

Paz
Double Hawk said…
I love that place! They have the best collection of older stuff, but the only problem is they don't have newer stuff.
dianasfaria.com said…
Pietro, I think they might very well have what you are looking for!

Thanks Bobbie.

it's a small world, isn't it? I've only been made aware of Mr. Cheapo recently.

Linda, it makes me so happy to read your comment! Thank you!

Hi Paz!

I know what you mean DH...but it's worth it, right?
dianasfaria.com said…
PS
the small world response was meant for Morty!
Hey Harriet said…
This sounds like my kind of shop! I always enjoy hunting for obscure pre-loved bargain CDs. Wish I could visit Mr Cheapo. What a cute name! :)

Popular Posts