turquoise belts at the pretty new thrift shop




while on my quest for something turquoise for today's true colors meme, I remembered the
turquoise monkey I photographed at the st. vincent de paul thrift shop last november. this prompted me to check out the pretty new thrift shop in farmingdale, where I found these very unique belts. note to self, thrift shops are great places to find the color turquoise!
and while we're on the subject, not too long after I posted those monkeys last november, much to my surprise, I happened upon
here where you can see one of my favorite supremely talented bakers who also happened to be inspired by those thrift shop monkeys as well. I thought you might enjoy checking it out, especially if you like cookies and the color turquoise.
and please, do go here as well for other turquoise inspirations thanks to blue over at true colors.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, these belts are beautifully colored and decorated. Very nice!
The belts were a great find.
I'm a real fan of charity shops as we call your thrift venues.

Followed the links and had to LOL @ the Turquoise monkey & the cookies - TY for including them.

Blue
x
Anonymous said…
Nice Turquoise belts,the monkey was great, the cookies looked yummy...lol
bobbie said…
This is great. I love thrift shops. And thanks for the link tot he cookie lady.
Anonymous said…
Nice collection. Didn't realise VdeP could be found your side of the pond.
Nice find of belts in the Thrift shop.

LOL at the home made Monkeys... They look qite tasty actually. :-)
mari said…
Lily, I never wear belts. Maybe if I did, my waistline would be significantly smaller...? Thanks for the mention! I knew the instant I saw those monkeys here a while back, they would become cookies.
Roan said…
Ooh, like the belts, especially the decorated one.
Anonymous said…
Have you found the name of that film yet?
I can not recall seeing it... :-)

Popular Posts