skywatching in upstate new york


thanks to ian for sharing his video skywatch.


I confess, this isn't long island! in case you are new to this site, I like to share places I travel too from here on the big island. this is route 7 in hoosick falls new york, a mere three hours drive from manhattan. my son shot this short video while we were on our way to vermont last sunday
and I thought it would be a perfect skywatch for today. I found the scenery outstanding. this also happens to be long island daily photo's first video post. I hope you enjoy it.
thanks to the good people over at skywatch friday,
please go here and scroll down to see the many links to beautiful skies from all around the world.
happy first friday of the new year everyone!

Comments

Pearl Maple said…
Vermont is a most beautiful part of the world to be sharing with everyone in Sky Watch Friday. Lovely views.
Anonymous said…
thanx for the video !
Gerald (SK14) said…
lovely - happy new year
angela said…
What lovely scenery. Thanks for the tour..
chanpheng said…
Beautiful scenes.

Happy New Year.
Anonymous said…
How fun, I've never seen a video skywatch before:)
Walker said…
Looks cold, thanks for sharing.
luvmyboys said…
Great video! I like the contrast of the clouds to blue to clouds again.
bobbie said…
Beautiful. Thank you, Ian. Love that sky seen between the trees.
esnorway said…
Nice video happy new year
Ken Mac said…
so simple, but perfect! I know nothing of upstate NY, but always dream of heading up there. The roads and traffic seem so daunting.
Jeanne said…
I used to live in upstate New York and since moving to Massachusetts have passed through Hoosick Falls many times on my way back home. Funny to see someone else familiar with it. Great view.
Anonymous said…
While in Vermont this summer, I couldn't help noticing how expansive every thing seemed. For example, we drove past wide corn fields and the huge expanse of green hills and corn fields made the clouds seem so huge and magnificent since you could see for miles. -JenJen
Louis la Vache said…
"Louis" has been absent - very, very busy with his new espresso shop.

"Louis" et Mme la Vache wish you all the best this New Year!
MmeBenaut said…
Wow, that's bleak but beautiful scenery and congratulations to you and your son Lily for posting your first video (something I have yet to do).
I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of Vermont.
What a lovely view ~ thanks so much for sharing it with SWF!
Pietro Brosio said…
Beautiful sky and great light in these images!
Ian France said…
Happy new year Lily, and great vid!
Anonymous said…
lol,so nice
Frieda said…
It must be very, very cold at your place, this is a nice video.
Thank you for your visit on my blog and my best wishes to you for 2009.
Love Elfe
Anonymous said…
If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
decorative fishing net

Popular Posts