macy's flower show


please click on photo to see more details



every spring macy's herald square in new york city decorates their main floor by turning it into a flower show. this year I just happen to be in town in time to see it. macy's is on 34th street and within walking distance from penn station making it an extremely convenient trip for long islanders who enjoy this sort of thing. luckily the show runs through sunday. please go
here for more info.
also, this post is part of mrs. nesbitt's abc wednesday meme. can you guess what I chose to represent the letter M? please go here if you'd like to see more imaginative M ideas.

Comments

Alexa said…
Lily -- great shot of the Macy's floral extravaganza!
I'd actually forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder!
Pietro Brosio said…
Beautiful flower show, Lily.
A very refined picture!
Macy's is such an inconic name, but I never knew about this display which is so vibrant and you can imagine the powerful aroma.
Sylvia K said…
Lily, this is just fabulous! And what a great shot for "M" day! I'm with Babooshka, I can almost smell the flowers!
Anonymous said…
I found the Asians with the cameras interesting, no body takes more pictures then Asians, we enjoyed watching them in Hawaii, they took pictures of themselves on the bus, they were having allot of fun doing it.
Daryl said…
A lifetime ago Macy's sponsored a Spring Flower show that was held in the old Colosseum (Columbus Circle where Time Warner Tower is now) and they had Girl Scout honor guards .. I was once one and it was a memory I had almost forgotten, thanks for the mental nudge!
Fashion Schlub said…
Great shot, Lily! When I was more "garden-y" (and younger!) I use to go into the city to visit the Macy*s Flower Show, but it's been many years - and I'm glad to see your picture here. You sure do get around, missy!
luvmyboys said…
What a wonderful picture! Even the mannequin is wearing a flower hat!
Carol said…
Beautiful photo! So much detail....most of the flowers seem to be some shade of pink...wonder if there is a theme...Macy's in Ohio looks nothing like this! No flower show either....
Vicky said…
good shot! I sure want to be in this place... to take lots of pictures (I am Asian and a blogger!)
Tumblewords: said…
Great shot - I'd love to be there...
Jay said…
I didn't know they did that!! Amazing.

Popular Posts