another angel and mellow yellow monday



























known as the general sherman monument, I photographed this as I passed by while riding in a taxi in manhattan the other day. the sun seemed to be illuminating both the figures and what was left of similar colored autumn leaves on the trees in the background, which also happened to create a beautiful backdrop for this sculpture. I thought this could be a perfect mellow yellow way to start the week. 
for more of all things yellow, please stop by drowsey monkey's mellow yellow monday .

Comments

Christine H. said…
They are beautiful. I see they need some touching up though...makes me want to head over there with my gold leaf.
Unknown said…
wow, this is a beautiful photo! i like the weathered look, and the background adds an interesting texture.
SquirrelQueen said…
Both this angel and the one below are beautiful. I too like the weathered look of this statue, it's perfect for MYM.

Hope your had a great Christmas.
Kay L. Davies said…
The leaves in the background do take on the color of the general and the angel. Very nice effect.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
Alexa said…
One of my fave NYC statues—nicely captured!
Kim, USA said…
Wow amazing! Looks like the statue is painted with gold, great capture!
MYM-The village
Thérèse said…
A nice addition to yesterday's post.
eileeninmd said…
Lovley golden statue, it is a beautiful angel. Happy MYM and I wish you and yours all the best in the New Year 2011.
Marlene said…
Perfect shot for Mellow yellow. This is a gorgeous photo and the background is so perfect, the angle is just right.
KaHolly said…
It IS the perfect capture for Mellow Yellow Monday! You were right!
Lori said…
How nice they look framed in the trees. They almost seem to glow!
gengen said…
They look cute. Happy MYM!
mari said…
Lovely photo. But. For goodness sake, you are an angel, so why aren't you in the photo? Grrr. Happy Holidays. xo, mari
Kitty said…
wow. I have to wonder though whether this sculpture is painted? I can't imagine a yellow patina.

btw, Rupert is not enjoying this snow business at all! Does Priscilla wear booties?

Popular Posts