unusually large






























if you need to find unusual words beginning with the letter U, you simply must check out this link. who knew there were so many? unquestionably, unusual types of U words too, like ultracrepidate which means to 'criticize beyond sphere of one's knowledge'. I know a lot of people who partake in this specific activity, so it makes sense there would be a word for it. but seriously, has anyone actually ever used this word in a sentence? my spellcheck doesn't even acknowledge ultracrepidate as a word.
what about unguligrade? I've never heard of this word either. it means, 'walking on hooves'. I'd love to meet the person who knows how to use unguligrade in an interesting sentence. if you do check out the link, you will find a whole treasure trove of amazing and not often heard of U words. it certainly made my evening.
& just in case it isn't obvious, today's post is all about the letter U. if you've never been here before, please visit the abc wednesday meme and join in the fun.
oh and by the way, I found this unusually large foot on the upper east side in manhattan.

Comments

Halcyon said…
Hmm... that is a rather large foot!
Sylvia K said…
What a fun and delightful post for the the day, Lily! You always manange to bring me a smile or a giggle that is just what I need to wind down my day. Hope you're having a great week so far and may it only get better!

Sylvia
Interesting photo. I wonder what size that would be. =)
~Cheryl said…
Great photo! I enjoyed your post very much!
Anonymous said…
Cool shot and cool link you provided.
Reminds me of the giant foot on a street corner in Rome. I think it comes from a colossus of Emperor Constatine. Too bad I can't think of U words to use in this post.
The ungrateful unguligrades undid the unctious uncle for unimaginable ultracrepidation.

OK, I give up...

ultracrepidate
Pat said…
Ha! I checked the site yesterday too for inspiration! I love your photo...it reminds me of the statue's foot on LOST, only that one had just three toes...is there a 'u' word for that?
biebkriebels said…
Perhaps there is living a chiropodist or pedicure....
Thérèse said…
It reminds me of Ron Mueck!
Marlene said…
Fun post Lily, from the U words to the huge foot.
Lois said…
That's big alright!
photowannabe said…
My goodness that's huge. Quite an interesting do-dad to have in front of ones house.
How do you find these things??
Joanne Olivieri said…
You have finally captured Big Foot! That is unique but amazing.
Daryl said…
A good way to ensure no one sorts through the trash ...
Tumblewords: said…
That is a BigFoot! I'm off to check the link! Delightful U.
Babzy.B said…
wow , what a great foot may be you'll find the rest of the body hidden somewhere in Manhattan :)
Al said…
Very entertaining, it's a very strange sculpture.
Jingle said…
very fun and joyful u post.
Carol said…
I'm glad I don't have to try to buy shoes for that foot! Interesting words (I'm with you - don't think I'd manage to squeeze them into a conversation) and neat photo!
Gayle said…
I wonder where the rest of the body is???? Great photo.
mari said…
I'm hoping my baby daughter - who is already tall for her age group - won't have big clunkers at the end of her legs like that one. But if she does, well, c'est la vie.

And "ultracrepidate"? What a great word. Just about as good as "vituperative." One of my favs.
Alexa said…
Never saw this one here in NYC, but have seen the big foot in Rome. I like this one too!
Kitty said…
oh my goodness, how hilarious is this? geez.

Even though it's made of stone, I'd still be worried about someone walking off with it, lol.

Great catch!
webbloggirl said…
what a very interesting monument! love it!
byron said…
Pumice stone? :)

Popular Posts