summer evening at variety on main street


























while walking down main main street last evening, I couldn't help notice all of these colorful chairs on display at our four star variety here in farmingdale. then I realized, yesterday was the first day of summer! I feel lucky we have this store in our town. there aren't many places left outside of strip malls and shopping centers where you can get a "variety" of things you may need.
to share a part of your world or just see more of others, please go to "that's my world tuesday". thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, wren, fishing guy and sylvia.

Comments

that shot is so colorful -yes fun shop
Sylvia K said…
Wish we had one like that here!! What a great, colorful capture for the day, Lily! I love it! Enjoy your week!

Sylvia
Martha Z said…
It is sad that these interesting stores with a local flavor have been lost to the competition of big chains.
Unknown said…
There you can buy all your beach and garden hardware.. and start sunbathing.
Have a great day Lily.
Costas
Unknown said…
what a colorful display! thanks for sharing your world.
Kitty said…
ah, nothing signifies summer like the summery beach chair.

I can't believe it's summer already. Time is just flying by.
Marlene said…
I love this photo Lily, it would make a great jigsaw puzzle. I want to go shopping there it is so inviting - saying come in and explore.
Pat said…
I adore stores like these that sell everything... My heart beats faster and I get an adrenaline rush just looking at your photo!
Fred Miller said…
I agree with Sylvia. Tessa wanted to buy a lawn chair from Wal-mart, yesterday. Thirty-five bucks! We will try a better store. One like this.
Daryl said…
What a bright and all encompassing selection of lawn and beach chairs!
Lois said…
I like all the colors!
Alexa said…
Great! This looks like the Long Island I remember from my (long-ago) childhood! There's a store just like this out in Greenport (where they have wisely banned fast-food restaurants as well as strip malls).
Joyful said…
I just love stores like this. They can be fun to browse around. I try to support businesses like this so they can stick around. I'm glad you have one in your neighbourhood.
Joanne Olivieri said…
What a great shot and I so much like little shops and stores. I don't do the mall thing, don't like them. This is a truly colorful, special spot.
Kitty said…
this is great. it's got all the verve of yesterday's beach buzz. I can smell the sunscreen.

Popular Posts