fog in montauk




























one of my favorite places to just hang out and 'be' is on the eastern end of long island out in montauk. last weekend my hubster and son ian and I found ourselves there on a spur of the moment mini vacation for two nights. both saturday and sunday morning I awoke to a beach blanketed with fog so thick you couldn't see much past the shoreline. it was pretty awesome. I felt like I was in another world.
soon after I took this shot, I noticed the lifeguards got an emergency call and immediately began to wheel their jetski out into the water. within seconds two of them boarded the craft and headed down the beach disappearing into this fog. it always amazes me that there are people who do not think twice about springing into action to rescue those of us who need help.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
I like very much this shot, Lily! Fascinating indeed!
Sylvia K said…
Amazing capture, Lily! Sometimes the fog can make everything even lovelier in a very different way! Really fascinating -- to quote Pietro. Have a great week!

Sylvia
Unknown said…
fog is not a common sight in my world--it gives me a dreamy feeling, and an urge to go to the mountains.:p
LadyFi said…
What a dreamy shot - like a fairy tale world.
Joyful said…
I love fog and your photo brilliantly captures it. Dremay...:-)
KaHolly said…
When I saw your title, I knew I needed to check your post today. I love fog! (Except when I'm out in my kayak. Then, its scary.) This is a great picture. ~karen
Gwendolyn L said…
This is a wonderful photo. You can really use your imagination to create a story about the waves, the beach, and the fog. Thanks for sharing.
Thérèse said…
The good side of the fog!
VioletSky said…
Looks like we were both enveloped in fog alst weekend. Yours is a bit more intense!
maryt/theteach said…
Amazing, Lily! The last time we went out to Montauk in the summer the same thing happened the first morning we were there! :)
Daryl said…
Fabulous shot, fog is not an easy subject to shoot
Joanne Olivieri said…
Wow, now that is some serious fog though it gives the shot a glorious new look. We always have fog here where I live in San Francisco at the coast but I do love it, I think it can be beautiful at times. Great shot.
Andree said…
Pure beauty! Beaches are best in the fog. And I agree with you about emergency people. Bless them all.
Alexa said…
Wow—this is really gorgeous! You know this beach is also one of my fave places to just "be." So thanks!
Jiselle N. said…
This picture is amazing! It seems so peaceful and serene. I love Long Island Beaches!!
Jilly said…
Truly magical mysterious shot. If I could write poetry and I can't, I'd write a poem to it.
G6 said…
I love the mystical quality of this shot!

Popular Posts