jethro tull and peter frampton at jones beach theater


please click on photo to see the blurry mr. frampton, the audience loved him.

we had gone to see jethro tull last night with peter frampton as the opening act who by the way, far exceeded my expectations. so much so that I found myself yelling "peter, peter!"
as he uproariously ended with, do you feel like we do. let me just say that being part of that crowd was like being at a great party.
as soon as we got to the theatre, my husband started asking every guard at every VIP entrance if they knew a way we could meet the lead singer ian anderson of jethro tull. unfortunately, it was not meant to be so we were left with a magical night of music instead. If you have the opportunity to see a concert at jones beach, go for it. just remember to bring a sweater.
for more photos of ian anderson, go here.below is the jones beach theater as seen from the inside right before the concert started.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
I adored Peter Frampton - many years ago. I'm always surprised when I discover that these old rockers are still rocking. Sounds like a fun time.
bobbie said…
sounds like a really great time. I miss Jones Beach.
Anonymous said…
Glad you had a nice time. Maybe next time you'll get to meet your guy.

Paz
dianasfaria.com said…
mme, that is so cool, I wish you could have seen him, his voice sounded great!

Bobbie, maybe it's time to plan a trip!

Paz, yes, there is always tomorrow.
my childhood friend's niece actually went on tour with him last year as one of his musicians. I guess that is like 8 or 10 degrees of separation!

Popular Posts