birch tree in sky

click on photo to enlarge and you will see a glimpse of the white birch bark

my dad likes to give me credit for how high this birch tree has grown because of the way I pruned it when he first planted it. I love hearing that, but I believe it has more to do with his own green thumb. this tree is standing right next to where that giant wall of cucumbers are growing that I posted about earlier in the week, and I had nothing to do with those cucumbers!
I chose this as my skywatch photo because when I looked up and saw this beauty I thought this tall tree fit rather nicely in the sky. Isn't she pretty?
please go here if you would like to see even more amazing skies.

Comments

bobbie said…
The tree and the sky are both lovely. Birches are wonderful, friendly trees and I'm sure this one is the product of both your efforts and your father's.
Anonymous said…
This is a lovely tree set against the sky. I like them together like this.

Abraham
Anonymous said…
Lovely blog! Will check back often!
Angie said…
That is a really beautiful tree.
These are beautiful trees when they shimmer, especially against a pre blue sky. Lovely natural image.
I agree, it's a beautiful sky and tree. My pictures are of a mackerel sky before the storm. I invite you to come see. - Margy
chrome3d said…
Birches are so fresh.
Flying Solo said…
Very nice composition! I love the previous moon shot :)
juliana said…
i love birch trees and this is a beautiful photo!
Kelly said…
The tree and sky are delightful! Birch trees are gorgeous. Great SWF photo!
Julie said…
This is such a deceptively simple image and that is its great strength. A birch tree has such a glorious trunk and I do like the mottled grey that I can just see coming into your image.

Noice ...
Anonymous said…
a bit of very soft greyish green it has, yes, I love this tree and sky shot. Well done !
Anonymous said…
I like the way the tree branches fill the frame and the sky peeks through.
Anonymous said…
Great job with the tree. Love the photo of the tree against the backdrop of the beautiful sky.

Paz
Gretchen said…
Really nice shot. I'm enjoying your blog and will be back.

Popular Posts