gardening in the suburbs

please click on this photo to see the exquisite beauty of these grape tomatoes

while sitting down gazing out my parent's kitchen window into their backyard, I couldn't help notice what looked like a small tree. I knew it had to be something growing in their garden when I realized it was actually their grape tomato plant. when I went outside to investigate further, I had to kneel down to get a shot of this plant from the ground up but it wouldn't fit inside the frame! that's how big it is.
many people on long island look forward to growing tomatoes in the summertime. there really isn't anything quite as good as a tomato eaten fresh from the garden. have you ever eaten fresh sliced tomatoes with mayonnaise on potato bread? go here for another delicious tomato recipe.

Comments

Ian France said…
That's amazing - and what a great shot! I love Cherry Tomatoes.
Laurie Allee said…
Yum! I wish I had luck growing tomatoes. That plant is amazing!

WOnderful shot.
i said…
Oh wow, what a lush tomato plant. And you captured it beautifully.
Anonymous said…
Lovely-looking tomatoes. I want some! ;-)

Paz
MmeBenaut said…
Your parents must have green thumbs! (I don't know if you have the same saying over there but here it means that everything they touch grows). Very beautiful tomato plants. As Serendipity says, "lush".

Popular Posts