more on the umbrella line

please click on this photo in order to see where exactly the lifeguard is sitting in relation to the umbrellas.

so the umbrella line is an imaginary line that runs in between those yellow umbrella line signs in the sand. this line designates the point at which no umbrellas are allowed to pass. this is so the lifeguards view remains unobstructed while he surveys the ocean of swimmers, keeping them safe. this is clearly illustrated in the above photograph where you can see the lifeguard sitting in his chair in front of all of the beautiful umbrellas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This shot looks like a painting - kewl.
bobbie said…
Another beautiful, summery photo! It certainly makes sense to keep the lifeguard forward of the umbrellas.
Anonymous said…
Very interesting. I never knew this but then I'm not much of a beach person. When I was younger, I would go with friends to the beach on L.I.

I agree with Bobbie above: Beautiful summer photo.

Paz
Wow, that was my 'learn something new everyday' for today. Never heard of an Umbrella Line. Makes complete sense of course. I AM a beach person. On my beach I think we just commonsensically (yes, I take full ownership of this word) just don't block lifeguards.

Love the pic by the way.

Umbrella Line, huh, who knew?
dianasfaria.com said…
Thanks for your compliment Lisa!

& Bobbie I am glad you think so, I was trying...

Paz thank you too.

Hey Pink Cows, I love that word...I hope you don't mind if I use it.
Ian France said…
What a great viewpoint for such a photo - the clouds are amazing.
Louis la Vache said…
This would make a fantastic Sky Watch Friday post!
Kate said…
Good idea for unobstructed view. Colourful beach!

Popular Posts