autumn in the suburbs




does anyone know what kind of tree this is? I think this type of ornamental tree typifies what the suburbs are all about here on long island. if you take a good look around all the different
neighborhoods, you will notice a lot of variations on the same theme. everyone seems to be carving out their own slice of paradise in their own unique way. I was walking around the corner when I came upon this pretty little bright spot of a tree. I imagined that whoever planted this found great pleasure in doing so.
sonia over at leaves of grass started an ecological day the second day of each month. I joined in late but couldn't resist seeing that it turns out I posted a photo of a tree today! Go here to see some beautiful & informative posts. many are in other languages but the sites are equipped with translator buttons so you can read them.

Comments

Louis la Vache said…
'tis time for fall colors! We get very little of that here in the Bay Area - the year-round temperature average is 65º!
Pietro Brosio said…
A charming tree, indeed. Nice photo, great atmosphere, Lily.
Lydia said…
A darling tree with a nice corner to show off as the colors turn.
Fashion Schlub said…
I'm thinking a weeping birch? I can't quite make out the leaf or trunk/bark, but that's what it looks like from here :-)
luvmyboys said…
I love fall! Great colors in that picture.

My neighbor has a weeping cherry, but it hasn't changed colors. My first thought was weeping willow, but I'm not much of a tree expert.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful photograph. Really nice shot in deed.
Babzy.B said…
it looks like a mushroom ;)nice colour !
How a beautiful tree color. Great Nature.
Elizabeth said…
Good to see pictures of LI where we lived for many years and our children grew up.
We are now mostly in NY - though I often visit England.
Anonymous said…
It's never too late to join. Glad you did. ;-) This IS a pretty little bright spot of a tree! Very nice.

Paz
Anonymous said…
I look at that and feel so jealous. We don't get those beautiful east coast autumns here in southern California. So I love, LOVE, looking at photos like this. (too bad about the Mets, by the way, but that's another post, I guess...) Happy E-Day!
Hi, is a very interesting tree, it seems that the branches born upside down here in Brazil we have equal or similar, I do not know whether you need the same kind, but where I see, I have a feeling that is planted reversed, very good.
I thank the gentle visit.
hugs, Denise
bobbie said…
Whatever it is, it is lovely.
It looks like ornamental/dwarf Japanese maple but I'm not 100% sure.

I can't believe it's already turning yellow. Fall is definitely here.
MmeBenaut said…
I think it might be a weeping birch?? Is the trunk a silvery/white?
It's not a willow as the leaves are the wrong shape.
Lovely catching up on your photos!

Popular Posts