antique pumpkins





yep, another halloween photo! but this one is from a really neat antique store in bridgehampton on montauk highway. I neglected to write down the name of the store, but I couldn't resist posting this photo. they had the coolest display of antique pumpkins. if you click on this photo it will enlarge so you can get a closer look.
the shopkeeper told me they were made from molds and they were indeed antiques. upon closer inspection I noticed they averaged in price around $250.00 a piece- prompting me to place the pretty pumpkin back to its shelf! has anyone ever been to this shop?
lastly, & I know, everyone is just burning to find out the home of commodus from two days ago, drum roll please... commodus resides on the grounds of the parrish art museum in southampton village on job's lane. please click here if you'd like to see more information about the art museum.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Interesting store and very pleasant display. Nice picture!
Babzy.B said…
thanks for your comment Lily ,here is a link with all the explanations about cairns :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairn
Flying Solo said…
These are beautiful and unique.
bobbie said…
This is a fun one. Not $250 worth of fun though. I like the goat on the plaque at the top.

I really enjoy coming to see you every day, Lily. Love your pictures, and the text is always interesting too. It's fun when I recognize any place near my old neighborhood, but it's all good.
Anonymous said…
Lily,

One of the "things" I miss most about NY/LI is mention something and someone can point you in a direction.

I briefly met Linda of Season's Gone By several years ago. She makes molded papier mache antique pumpkins as well as other collectibles. When you have a moment check out the website.

Anyone who is interested, while it may be late for Halloween, there are items for Christmas. I always liked the Bunnies.

Linda
SE PA
luvmyboys said…
Those are great! My favorite ones are the cats, both black and orange.
Fashion Schlub said…
Vintage/antique Halloween items have become EXTREMELY desirable, and $$$! That's a fabulous display - thanks for sharing, Lily.

And Parish Art Museum (smacking head!), of course! That's not where I was thinking...I'll have to find that someday...I'm thinking the long road that takes you through like Riverhead, Mattituck...farmland both sides of road, with some houses...one of those houses has, I could now guess (never putting 2 and 2 together before), a "mock" statuary row like Paris Art Museum. Funny.

How DO you get around so much?
dianasfaria.com said…
Thanks Pietro!

Thank you so much for the link Babzy, I can't wait to check it out.

Hi Coca!

Thank you for your words of encouragement Bobbie. & I know what you mean about the pricey pumpkins, but I do love to window shop, especially in the hamptons.
; )

Linda, I googled seasonsgoneby & her stuff is really neat & a lot more affordable! thanks for the tip.

I like the cats too Luv!

Hi Bettye, you would probably like that seasonsgoneby shop that Linda referred to. I just googled it& I have to go back & look at it some more when I have more time, it's pretty neat.
Now I have to go check out that other road you were talking about!
Anonymous said…
Oh, wow! This is really cool (expensive but cool)!

Paz
Ian France said…
those are some awesome antiques, imagine having those around your house.
Cool! I have a plastic pumpkin pail for candies that I use for Halloween.
$250 each? Wow, that is a lot of money for a pumpkin object.
tr3nta said…
¿?... Americans... :-D

Popular Posts