more halloween costumes
























what can I say... this is the final week before halloween and I realized I have shown only one other picture of children wearing costumes here at long island daily photo. this picture is for all of my friends who live in other countries who do not celebrate halloween. though many adults love and partake of this tradition, most people in the united states started celebrating it when they were children. the most important part of this holiday is getting to "be" whatever you want to be. you can be a cat, a wizard, a soccer player or a nerdy pimply faced guy who wears bright red suspenders-please note the above photograph of typical long island children dressed in halloween costumes.
unlike adults, children get to go trick or treating parading from house to house ringing peoples doorbells and shouting "trick or treat!" amazingly, everyone opens up there doors, admires their costumes and then fills their goody bags with candy!
I love this part of "my world". if you would like to see what is going on in other parts of the world, please go here.


Comments

Unknown said…
Hi,
Nice costumes for halloween.
I guess you guys must have fun over there.
Pietro Brosio said…
Very lively picture. Beautiful costumes and great fun of course!
Oman said…
Thank you for the wonderful tour. This 2nd week of meme really makes us appreciate the many places that we don't usually see or ever had a chance to visit like the one you showed me in this post. Hope you get to have time to check my world too. Another great job and more to come in the coming weeks.
Arija said…
Halloween is such fun for children.
We spent an autumn in Vermont where our childer were invited to join in a Halloween party with all the trimmings: bowls of spaghetti and jello in the dark with spider webs and bats etc.
Hope yours enjoy it just as much.
bobbie said…
Love the cat, and really love the little troll, or whatever.

This was a great idea for the meme. I don't know why I hadn't realized not many other countries have these Halloween customs. I'm doing my childhood memories of a Halloween party tomorrow. Carving a Jack-o- Lantern today. What do you have up your sleeve for tomorrow?
Kitty said…
aw...they're cute!
Unknown said…
Very cute, love the pimply guy!
MaR said…
Love the costumes, such a happy picture...well, scary as well!!
Catalonia in Spain celebrates the chestnut festival on that night, some children are beginning to dress up but it's an acquired thing.
Happy Halloween to you!
Anonymous said…
I remember that I didn't have anything else to be for Halloween that year. The Pimply guy always had the best costumes. Remember the time he dressed up as an old guy, a burn victim, and the other time he sat in a chair in the front with a mask on that when you squeezed a pump, blood would fall down the mask? Good 'ol times. - the soccer player
Ian France said…
Their so cute! I like the cat the most.
Anonymous said…
Fun shot! Looks like a fun group too.
Anonymous said…
I've always liked dressing up. Even as an adult I loved being able to dress up in costumes at work. This photo reminded me of being a kid again. Thanks.
:-)
MmeBenaut said…
Lily, my granddaughter is having a halloween theme for her 9th birthday party. MB's eldest daughter's birthday is on halloween. Most of us grew up watching TV shows from the US so we're very familiar with the concept even though we don't celebrate it here.
Louis la Vache said…
"Louis's" ex-wife used to say that Halloween was the one day a year he got to go without his costume... that's just one example of why she's the ex....
soulbrush said…
these are truly adorable, we don't see much of halloween here in london - not round here where i live.thanks.
Sandra said…
Interesting tour and wonderful photos. Thank you for your visit and greetings from Croatia
Anonymous said…
Nice - yep it's creeping up upon us!
Fun shot! I still have to figure out what to post on Halloween! ;)
Cheers, Klaus
Anonymous said…
Cool photo. I have a feeling that they got a lot of treats. ;-)

Paz

Popular Posts