columbus day fair



























I took this photo last year when I was at the top of the ferris wheel. it's interesting to note that one of the kids on the ride had their camera pointed in my direction.
I hope the fair will have the ferris wheel again this year. the view is incredible. in case you are in the mood for a typical long island fall fair, you can always come to farmingdale. the carnival with rides and games starts today at 5pm and lasts through Monday until 10 pm.

friday, saturday & sunday it is open until 11pm. there is a street fair 6 am-6 pm on saturday & sunday as well. the parade is on sunday from 5-7 pm & the fireworks are sunday night at 10 pm. the fireworks are on the howitt middle school track so bring a lawn chair. it's the best part of the weekend.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Very interesting picture from the top of the ferris wheel.
You don't feel dizzy over there? You are courageous!
bobbie said…
I really wish I could be there.

Love this picture. I congratulate you on thinking of turning your camera in this direction instead of (or as well as) out to the view.
luvmyboys said…
You're braver than me. I can't do ferris wheels, but can go upside down on roller coasters. Go figure!

We may check out the fair in Farmingdale this weekend.
dianasfaria.com said…
Pietro, the ferris wheel spins fairly slowly so it doesn't make me dizzy. I think it's the greatest thing to be so high up & be able to get that bird's eye view, I love it.

Thanks Bobbie!

upside down on roller coasters Luv? That I am not sure I can do!
Fashion Schlub said…
A fair! Where's a fair?
Anonymous said…
I can imagine the view from there. I'm not courageous to get on the ride. Bravo!

Paz
Kitty said…
very cool. I love that the shadow is projected on the building beyond!
dianasfaria.com said…
Hey Islipian, come on down!

Thanks Paz.

I like that too Kitty. I was wondering if anyone would notice that.
Ian France said…
This photo has a very original point of view, and I love seeing the shadow of the ferris wheel on the church in the background.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful picture. Glad we live in GC. Where was this taken? LK

Popular Posts