commodus...


please click on sculpture to enlarge for greater details.



is the name of this roman emperor. can anyone guess where he is? I will give you a hint, there are two rows of emperors and they are all facing each other. Does that ring a bell? of course you would actually had to have seen this place at least once. I came upon this little sculpture garden by accident years ago. every time I am in this town I make sure to walk through it.
one more hint, it is in a town out east that I haven't mentioned before on this blog.
please go here to read more about commodus.

Comments

Fashion Schlub said…
I think I've seen this but can't quite place the name. I could probably FIND it, but can't name it. Seems more north fork than south....

but ANYWAY, when I saw the title, "Commodus," I thought it was going to be a picture of porta-potties! Ha :-)
dianasfaria.com said…
Bettye, his name is carved under his bust on this sculpture and I too laughed thinking he may have been responsible for the commode. You know how advanced the Romans were with their plumbing & such!
I'm glad someone else besides me made the connection. LOL!
Anonymous said…
yes and I'm sure you both know about Mr. Crapper. Yes indeed that is where that name for the commode came from. Really! PGma
Anonymous said…
Hmmm... at first I thought you were going to say he was on the commode. Okay I was going to say he was on the commode. *snicker* I've never seen this before. So, where is he?

Paz
Ohhh...I like these busts. They are gorgeous.

Popular Posts