debate '08 at hofstra university


photos courtesy of ian. please click on photos to enlarge for greater detail.



as I was driving through the hofstra campus late this afternoon I was lucky I had my son with his camera sitting next to me. as you can see, way down the road from where the presidential debates will be taking place, there are some peaceful demonstrations being held.


this is it everyone! the final debate. this means we are all a giant step closer to the final countdown. maybe I can go out on a limb here and say that regardless of what party you are leaning towards, we will all be glad when this is over!

I heard on the radio this morning that it cost 3.5 million dollars to have the debate at hofstra, all of which was given to the college by three hofstra alumni, peter s. kalikow, john d. miller and david s. mack.
I think it is great for the students and it's great for the college.
below you can see more police presence closer to where the debates are being held at the hofstra campus. please go here for more hofstra debate buzz.

thanks ian

Comments

Rinkly Rimes said…
I listen to an American news as I'm cooking supper (half a day delayed) and so I've not only seen the outside of the University but the inside too. I believe Obama won.
bobbie said…
So great for the students and the college.
Yes, we will all be glad when it's over. But this third debate was by far the best. Also the best moderator . The other two were almost a waste of time (in my humble opinion)
Pietro Brosio said…
I think the debates generally are useful. It's a very good thing to compare politely our opinions.
Anonymous said…
I'm glad your son was with you to take the photos. Thank you, son. ;-)

Paz

Popular Posts