popeye in the hamptons


please click on photo to enlarge for greater details


remember last august when I posted the giant ear of corn and bettye from 365 days in islip
guessed that it was in bridgehampton? well, it's here in the background of this picture. see if you can spot it. sunday I woke up still feeling a little tired and sick but I knew I had to try and get out of the house so hubby and our son and I drove out east. it was the perfect day. the sun was shining, gas prices were down & after we stopped for breakfast, we all took a nap on the beach! it was so quiet. how lucky are we long islanders to have such easy access to some of the most beautiful beaches? I'd say we are very lucky. if there is any way you can take a day off, please do so. then do something simple and relaxing. I haven't in a while and it was truly the best medicine.
on the way home you can stop at some good farm stands for some fresh grilled corn and exceptionally fresh & reasonably priced locally grown produce.

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Very lively picture! What bright and pleasant colors.
Pat said…
Pumpkins and Popeye! I knew he liked orange vegetables better!
bobbie said…
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

This is a very funny picture! Aren't the various shapes of squash wonderful? This picture can cheer you up if you're feeling down.
luvmyboys said…
I love it!

We went to Montauk this weekend and I have a picture of that corn that I took as we were driving. I remembered it from your blog and screamed "There's the ear of corn!" There's 2 ears, one on each side.

We were supposed to go next weekend, but figured the weather was so gorgeous this weekend that we moved up our plans.
dianasfaria.com said…
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you guys like Popeye!

Luv, you were smart to go this weekend,the weather was perfect.
Fashion Schlub said…
I love that it still looks so busy there - it gives me hope that I haven't missed everything yet - there's still time! Maybe this weekend...

Great pic!
dianasfaria.com said…
Islipian, you haven't missed anything! I say go whenever the sun is shining. Even if it's not busy it's still always pretty.
I should say we did hit some pumpkin picking traffic right by the Hayground farm stand. Though the nice scenery made the traffic bearable.
Ken Mac said…
heyo! that mural was taken around 9pm...thanks!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a nice day after all. I hope you're feeling much better.

Paz (who likes Popeye)

Popular Posts