more blow up decorations

please click on this photo to enlarge so you get the full effect. I just want to make sure you can see snoopy over there to the left, just behind the grim reaper with the orange glowing eyes. I wouldn't say this is the typical way most suburbanites decorate their homes for halloween. I would say most people keep it pretty simple. so maybe this is a tad bit out of the ordinary, but it's still fun. I imagine there is either parents with small children living in this house or energetic grandparents. neighbors of mine have just the grim reaper on their lawn. the other day I was walking my little dog priscilla when upon noticing the reaper, she stopped dead in her tracks. miss priscilla remained frozen until I picked her up and carried her across the street.

Comments

Fashion Schlub said…
scared of the grim reaper?? Miss Priscilla's mama didn't raise no fool!
bobbie said…
I'd say this is a bit much. I don't really like huge displays. There's a house here that covers every inch of yard with blow-ups at Halloween, cut-outs at Christmas, etc. I don't find that attractive. I do like one good one. Less is more.

I like the car with the 3 ghosts.
luvmyboys said…
That grim reaper is pretty creepy!

We have a couple of houses that overdo it with the inflatables, especially at Christmas.
Saretta said…
Is Halloween a season now?
Anonymous said…
The kids like it, in this time of some uncertainty it's good to have a 'fun' distraction. I'm for it. PGma
Pietro Brosio said…
That nice house seems to be in a scenery of a fairy tale!
tr3nta said…
:-)... nice Halloween decorations...
Unknown said…
you HAVE to get a shot of this fantastic house in Farmingdale...Conklin Street just east of Fulton...you'll know the one once you see it!
dianasfaria.com said…
You have a good point there Islipian, I knew my Priscilla is a genius!

Bobbie, I know what you mean. Wait till you se the one Erika is talking about.

Saretta, Halloween isn't officially a season,it is more like a holiday that is fully exploited by capitalism here in America. Our stores start selling things for Halloween in August.
It keeps people working.

I agree Pietro, I think that is how the homeowners are thinking. Like PGma said, everyone needs a little distraction. The heaviness can be demoralizing.

Erika, Oh yes I know exactly which one you are talking about. I guarantee you will see it here before Halloween is over!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Look at that skull! LOL!

Paz
Flying Solo said…
I love seeing this. We dont have it in Portugal!
Ian France said…
The one with the skeleton head and the googly eyes is the best!

Popular Posts